Beware Of Female Narcissists
Evil female Narcississ don’t get quite enough attention. Not when compared to their male counterparts, anyway. But that doesn’t mean they’re less capable of wreaking havoc in the lives of others.
Since male narcissists caused the most destruction in my life, I wasn’t as guarded around women. And I recently allowed a female narc into my inner circle, albeit unwittingly.
In retrospect, it’s easy to see that she followed the same patterns and used the same manipulation techniques as male Narcissists. She did the whole lovebombing routine. She mirrored my tastes, beliefs, and preferences. And almost immediately, she claimed to be my best friend.
At first, I was happy to have a new friend. But when a disturbing sense of deja vu kicked in, I realized I was dealing with a Narcissist. Fortunately, she didn’t have enough time to cause any major destruction. Still, she managed to do some damage, which I’m in the process of repairing.
Common Narcissistic Behaviors:
- A narcissist will never admit to wrongdoing, even if you catch them red-handed. And they’ll try to alter your reality by swearing you didn’t see what you know you saw.
- If you confront a narcissist about their bad behavior, they‘ll (a.) completely deny it, (b.) lie about it, (c.) project it onto you, or (d.) give totally illogical reasons why you’re wrong.
- Narcissists always play the victim. The poor things are just used and abused by the whole damn world. Probably because so many people are jealous of them.
- Their words and actions don’t match. For example, they call and say they’re on their way to your house. Yet, they never show up. The next day, and the day after that, they do the exact same thing. They repeat this behavior until it becomes a very noticeable pattern.
- They tell you how important you are to them. You’re very special and they love you so much. Their actions, however, say they really just don’t give a shit about you, period.
- Their stories don’t add up. Sometimes the tall tales are downright ludicrous, but they fully expect you to believe everything they say, no questions asked.
- Narcissists are compulsive liars and cheaters, but they’ll assure you repeatedly of
their total honesty and undying devotion.
- Narcissists are back-stabbing gossips who have something negative to say about everyone, at one time or other. Plus, they actively engage in smear campaigns behind the backs of their loved ones.
Most narcissists don’t seek treatment, so they’re never officially diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). However, to be considered a candidate for NPD, a person must meet at least 5 of these 9 criteria.
- An inflated sense of self-importance or grandiose behavior
- Fantasies about being wealthy, famous, or influential
- Exaggerating their abilities and accomplishments
- Craving admiration and praise
- Preoccupied with beauty, love, power, or success
- Exaggerated sense of entitlement
- Believes themselves to be unique or special
- Exploits others for their own benefit or entertainment
- Lacking empathy